SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's soccer team plays its penultimate regular season road game on Friday evening when they take on Central Connecticut.
Opponent: Central Connecticut
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: CCSU Soccer Field | New Britain, Conn.
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: PrestoSports
The Blue Devils have won six of the nine total meetings between the schools, including a 1-0 victory in the 2017 edition of the series in Smithfield.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend after its first loss of the Northeast Conference season, a 1-0 decision in favor of Fairleigh Dickinson on Sunday afternoon.
- Bryant sits tied for second in conference games with a 0.75 goals-against average in its four NEC matches. The Black and Gold have only surrendered four goals in their last six matches.
- The Bulldogs have won three consecutive road matches, dating back to a 1-0 victory over Vermont on September 16.
- Senior Cayla D'Amico (Grafton, Mass.) leads the Bulldogs offensively, recording eight points on the season. She has a total of three goals and two assists to her name.
- Two sophomores, Katie Cronin (Feeding Hills, Mass.) and Amanda Spitaleri (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.), and two freshmen, Lexi Kraemer (Forest Hill, Md.) and Corinne Rey (Norton, Mass.), have each tallied two goals on the year.
- Sophomore Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) has played all 1103 minutes between the posts with a 1.22 goals-against average and .769 save percentage on the season. She has averaged 4.5 saves per match over her last six, including a six-save shutout at Wagner in the team's last road match.
A bit about the Blue Devils
- Central Connecticut has won four in a row, including a 1-0 home win over Sacred Heart on October 5. The Blue Devils are also unbeaten over their last 10 matches, with their last loss coming to UConn on August 23.
- They currently sit in first place in the NEC with 12 points at the halfway mark of the conference schedule, two points ahead of Saint Francis U.
- Charlotte Maurer and Danielle Pearse are the offensive leaders of CCSU, with Maurer leading the team with seven goals on the year and Pearse chipping in five.
- Senior Ashley Cavanaugh has recorded a 0.53 goals-against average for the Blue Devils this season, with a .873 save percentage.