HAMDEN, Conn. – The Bryant University women's soccer team looks to continue their strong start on Sunday when it takes on former NEC rival Quinnipiac at the Quinnipiac Soccer & Lacrosse Stadium.
Location: Quinnipiac Soccer & Lacrosse Stadium – Hamden, Conn.
Kickoff: Sunday, August 25 – 4 p.m.
Watch: Quinnipiac All-Access
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
- This will be the ninth meeting between the Bulldogs and Bobcats since the Division I series began in 2008.
- The all-time series dates back to 1987.
- Quinnipiac owns a 6-2 series lead in the Division I meetings between the schools.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant opened the 2019 season with a 2-1 victory over Iona on Thursday afternoon.
- Five different Bulldogs put shots on the frame as the team registered a total of 10 shots in the match, six coming the second half.
- Senior Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) and Junior Kylie Ratelle (Chicopee, Mass.) were one for one, with one shot and one goal each.
- Junior Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) made nine saves between the posts.
- Freshman Katrina Stangl (Park Ridge, N.J.) made her first career start and appearance for the Black and Gold. Freshmen Madeline Labance (Warwick, N.Y.) and Vanessa Majer (Butler, N.J.) also made their first career appearance for the Bulldogs.
A bit about the Bobcats
- Sunday will be the Bobcats' first official game of the 2019 season.
- Quinnipiac was voted second in the MAAC Preseason Coaches' Poll and finished the 2018 season 6-8-3 overall and 3-3-4 in conference play.
- Midfielder Selena Salas was named to the 2019 Preseason All-MAAC Team after being named to the 2018 All-MAAC Second Team and All-Rookie Team.
- The Bobcats return 17 total players from the 2018 roster, while adding 10 newcomers.
Up Next: Maine
Bryant will have a week between games, returning to action at Maine on Sunday, Sept. 1, at 1 p.m.