HAMDEN, Conn. – The Bryant University women's soccer team played a tough two halves, holding off Quinnipiac till the end of regulation, ultimately falling after the Bobcats scored one minute and 21 seconds into overtime on Sunday afternoon.
Quinnipiac 1, Bryant 0
Records: Quinnipiac (1-0-0), Bryant (1-1-0)
Location: Quinnipiac Soccer and Lacrosse Stadium (Hamden, Conn.)
Coach Biggs' Comments
"I thought we played well this afternoon, and was very pleased with our effort and passing as well as our defending. We created a few very good chances from the run of play, and to do that while also holding them scoreless for 90 minutes speaks to the quality of our performance. We'll learn from the experience and get set for our next game."
- With less than 10 minutes to go in the second-half, sophomore Corinne Rey (Norton, Mass.) played senior Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) into the final third. Manna had a breakaway, but the Bobcats goalkeeper came out and made a great save.
- 91st minute – Quinnipiac 1, Bryant 0 – The ball was crossed in from the right side to the back post when the Quinnipiac attacker got to the ball before a Bryant player was able to.
- Junior Kristen Bortolotti (Foxborough, Mass.) led the Bulldogs with two shots and one on target.
- Manna and Rey both went one-for-one with one shot and one shot on frame respectively.
- Redshirt Senior Alison Guilmette (Coventry, R.I.) also added a shot for the Bulldogs.
- Junior Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) made five saves all in the first-half.
The Bulldogs take a week off before they play their next game against Maine on Sunday August 30th at 1 p.m. in Orono, Maine.