ORONO, Maine – The Bryant University women's soccer team looks to come back on top after they travel to play Maine Sunday at 1 p.m.
Location: Mahaney Diamond | Orono, Maine
Kickoff: Sunday, September 1 - 1 p.m.
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #GoBryant | #NECWSoc
The Bulldogs and Black Bears have met seven times in the Division I era, with Maine leading the all-time series 4-2, not including the one draw. The road team continues to be undefeated in the series at 6-0-1. The last time the Bulldogs' played in Orono it ended with a 2-1 win for Bryant, with senior Marissa Grasso (Shelton, Conn.) scoring the game-winning goal in the 77th minute.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs enter the match 1-1 on the season after dropping to Quinnipiac 1-0 last Sunday.
- Bryant held Quinnipiac scoreless until one minute into overtime, when the Bobcats scored the game-ending goal.
- Junior Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) had a total of five saves vs. Quinnipiac, all which came in the first 45.
- Dalton totals 14 saves so far this season and was named an NEC Prime Performer this past week.
- Junior Kristen Bortolotti (Foxborough, Mass.) has been the most persistent attacker overall with three shots and one on frame.
A bit about the Black Bears
- Maine is looking for their first win of the season after dropping to fellow NEC team, Central Connecticut 2-1.
- Anna-Maria Dagher gave the Black Bears their solo goal versus CCSU, when she tied the game 1-1.
- Goalkeeper Annalena Kriebisch made five saves for Maine.
- The Blackbears totaled four shots with three of them on target, giving them an impressive .750 shot on goal percentage.
- The team was tabbed to finish eighth in the America East Conference in the preseason poll.