ORONO, Maine – A 34th-minute penalty kick proved to be the difference as the Bryant University women's soccer team was blanked by Maine, 1-0, Sunday at Mahaney Diamond.
Maine 1, Bryant 0
Records: Maine 1-1-0, Bryant 1-2-0
Location: Mahaney Diamond | Orono, Maine
Coach Biggs' Comments
"In the first 45 minutes, we were a bit stretched defensively but created a few very good chances near the end of the half. In the second 45, we defended pretty well but didn't create many opportunities. We'll look to establish a better balance in our next game and play with more confidence over the entire 90 minutes."
- 34th minute - Maine 1, Bryant 0 - Emilie Anderson was awarded a penalty kick for the Black Bears that resulted in a goal for Maine.
- Seven Bulldogs fired shots on frame, with nine coming from the team as a whole.
- Labance recorded her first career shot and ended the game with two shots and one shot on goal overall.
- Junior Jamie Irwin (Succasunna, N.J.) and sophomore Kellie Errasti (Duxbury, Mass.) made their first shots of the 2019 season.
- Irwin's shot was the second of her career. Each of her first two career shots have been on goal.
- Seniors Alison Guilmette (Coventry, R.I.) and Becca Michaud (Westport, Mass.) each had one shot and one shot on target.
- Junior Kylie Ratelle (Chicopee, Mass.) also added two shots and one on goal for Bryant, while sophomore Lexi Kraemer (Forest Hill, Md.) added another.
- The Bulldogs led the first half with eight total shots but came back with just one in the second half. Overall, Maine controlled the shot margin, finishing with a 16-9 advantage.
- Junior goalkeeper Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) finished the game with eight saves. She now has 22 saves on the season and an .880 save percentage.
Up Next: Holy Cross
Bryant plays its first home game of the 2019 season against Holy Cross Thursday at 7 p.m. in the first of two regular season night contests at Beirne Stadium. This will be the team's first home game ever played at night and can be seen on NEC Front Row.