FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fresh off the second win of the season, the Bryant University women's soccer team heads to Lessing Field in Connecticut on Thursday to take on Fairfield at 7 p.m.
Location: Lessing Field | Fairfield, Conn.
Kickoff: Thursday, September 12 - 7 p.m.
Watch: Facebook Live
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #GoBryant | #NECWSoc
- The Bulldogs have taken the last three out of five matches total the teams have played. Last year's meeting in Smithfield yielded a 2-1 victory over the Stags with senior Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) scoring the game-winning goal in the 85th minute.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters Thursday's action with the Northeast Conference's lowest Goals Against Average at 0.997 allowed per game.
- Junior goalkeeper Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) also ranks in the Top 50 in the NCAA in three different categories, including Saves per Game (9th), Total Saves (32nd) and Save Percentage (47th).
- Dalton tops the Northeast Conference in Save Percentage, averaging .857 on the season.
- Manna has surpassed her point total from last year in just the first five games. She leads the Black and Gold registering two goals and one assist.
- Bryant's offense dominated in the win over Merrimack on Monday, with junior Kylie Ratelle (Chicopee, Mass.) leading the way recording six shots and three shots on goal.
- The Bulldogs are looking for their third victory of the season and second over a MAAC opponent on Thursday.
A bit about the Stags
- The Stags rank third in the MAAC, coming into Thursday's game with a 3-2-1 record on the year.
- Fairfield downed NEC rival LIU 4-0 in Sunday's matchup.
- The team is led by Nicole Stryjek who has four goals on the season, tying for first in the conference. Her four goals come from just nine shots overall and eight shots on goal, giving her a .889 percent shot accuracy.
- Stephanie Tsangaris and Gabby Diodati are second on the team. Tsangaris has two goals overall, while Diodati has one goal and two assists.
- Between the posts, Gena Pike and Aytana Muschajew have split time totaling a .750 save percentage overall.