SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's soccer team finishes up non-conference play on Sunday at 3 p.m. when they host Vermont on the Bulldog Soccer Field. The game is also the second in a doubleheader with the men's team who host Howard at 12 p.m.
Location: Bulldog Soccer Stadium | Smithfield, R.I.
Kickoff: Sunday, September 15 - 3 p.m.
Watch: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Presto Sports
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #GoBryant | #NECWSoc
The Bulldogs have won four of the five matchups in the series versus Vermont that dates back to 1987. Junior Amanda Spitaleri (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) scored the only goal of last year's game in the 12th minute, giving Bryant the win.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant is coming off a three goal draw with Fairfield on Thursday evening. The Bulldogs now sit 2-3-1 on the season.
- Spitaleri and sophomore Corinne Rey (Norton, Mass.) both scored their first goal of the year.
- Rey added two assists for Bryant, totaling four points on the game and her first of this year.
- Spitaleri finished the game with a season-high five shots and two on target.
- Senior Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) scored the Bulldogs' third goal and her third of the season. Manna now leads the team with eight points thus far.
- Junior Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) made four saves across the 110 minutes, increasing her season total to 34. She holds a 1.28 goals-against-average and a .810 save percentage.
A bit about the Catamounts
- The Catamounts are also coming off an overtime match, ultimately falling 2-1 to Colgate in the 97th minute on Friday.
- Vermont comes into Sunday's match with an identical 2-3-1 record to Bryant.
- The team's one goal on Friday came from a deflection off a Colgate defender and was marked an own goal.
- Karen Wallace was the most persistent attacker with four shots and two on goal.
- The Bulldogs and Catamounts have had two mutual opponents, Merrimack and Holy Cross. Vermont was defeated by Merrimack, while Bryant beat them, but Vermont finished in a 0-0 draw with Holy Cross, who defeated Bryant.
- Frances O'Donnell leads the Catamounts with three points on the season.
- Kacey Lambertson and Lydia Kessel have split time in the net for Vermont, posting a .789 save percentage overall and 1.27 goals allowed average.