SMITHFIELD, R.I. – After a slow first half, the Bryant University women's soccer team increased offensive pressure on Central Connecticut forcing two over time periods after a goal from sophomore Chae Diani (Milton, Mass.) in the 70th minute. The Bulldogs ultimately ended in a draw with the 2018 NEC Champion Blue Devils and now sit 1-1 in conference play.
Bryant 1, Central Connecticut 1
Records: Bryant 3-3-2 (1-0-1 NEC), Central Connecticut 2-2-4 (0-0-1 NEC)
After Bryant displayed great pressure on the Central Connecticut defense charging up the field, redshirt senior Alison Guilmette (Coventry, R.I.) made a cross from the left side to sophomore Lexi Kraemer (Forest Hill, Md.). Kraemer then passed it off to classmate Diani waiting in front of goal who was able to put it home and tie the game for the Bulldogs.
- 23rd minute – Central Connecticut 1, Bryant 0 – Taylor Smith headed one into the net after a corner kick from Erica Bardes, scoring Central Connecticut's lone goal of the game.
- 70th minute – Bryant 1, Central Connecticut 1 – After a cross from Guilmette, Kraemer passed it off to Diani waiting in front of goal who knocked it in to put Bryant on the board.
- Diani's goal is the first registered points of the sophomore's career.
- Kraemer's assist put her at five total points on the season.
- Guilmette recorded her second assist of the season, totaling two points on her 2019 resume.
- The Bulldogs posted only one shot in the first half, but fired six in the second half and added one more in overtime. The team ultimately outshot the Blue Devils eight to seven.
- Senior Caitlyn Linden (Newtown, Conn.) tied Diani for the most shots of the game with two.
- Bryant forced four corners in the second half, while CCSU totaled two on the game.
Up Next: Saint Francis U and Robert Morris
Bryant travels to Pennsylvania next weekend for a two-game road series vs. Saint Francis U and Robert Morris. The Bulldogs take on Saint Francis U on Friday September 27th and Robert Morris on Sunday September 29th.