MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. – Junior Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) posted eight saves to lead the Bryant University women's soccer team to a 1-0 victory over Robert Morris and a weekend sweep on Sunday afternoon.
Sunday's victory marks the first time the Bulldogs have won both games of its western PA trip in program history. The Black and Gold posted back-to-back shutouts on the weekend.
Bryant 1, Robert Morris 0
Records: Bryant (5-3-2, 3-0-1 NEC), RMU (3-6-1, 1-1-0 NEC)
Coach Biggs' Comment
"I thought our team showed a lot of grit in a hard-fought game today. Playing our second game in three days, our effort and focus were excellent. As the scoreline suggests, we defended very well, yet it won't show that we still managed to run forward to create some excellent opportunities with our passing and dribbling."
- The Bulldogs notched the only goal of the game in the 41st minute as Becca Michaud's (Westport, Mass.) cross into the box deflected off the keeper and into the net.
- 41st minute – Bryant 1, RMU 0 – Michaud raced up the right sideline and put a cross to the middle of the field. The low cross was misplayed by the keeper and the ball rolled into the net.
- Bryant improves to 9-1-2 all-time against the Colonials.
- The Black and Gold are now unbeaten in their last six matches (4-0-2).
- Bryant swept its weekend series at SFU and RMU for the first time in program history.
- RMU outshot Bryant, 17-15.
- Dalton made eight saves, posting her second shutout of the season.
- Dalton now has seven career shutouts and is 20-15-5 in her career.
- She's allowed just two goals in four NEC games.
The Bulldogs have a week off before hosting Mount St. Mary's on Sunday, Oct. 6.