SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's soccer team returns to the pitch on Sunday afternoon when it welcomes Mount St. Mary's to the Bulldog Soccer Field.
Opponent: Mount St. Mary's
Location: Bulldog Soccer Field (Smithfield, R.I.
Kickoff: Sunday, Oct. 6 – 1:00 p.m.
Live Stats: BryantBulldogs.com
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #GoBryant | #NECWSoc
- Bryant enters Sunday's match with a 4-5-1 record against Mount St. Mary's.
- The Mountaineers dashed the Bulldogs' playoff hopes last season with a gut-wrenching 1-0 victory in Emmitsburg.
- It snapped a three-game unbeaten streak for the Bulldogs in the series.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend unbeaten in its last six matches (4-0-2).
- The Bulldogs are coming off their first-ever weekend sweep of SFU and RMU on the road.
- Bryant is currently in first place in the Northeast Conference with a 3-0-1 record and 10 points.
- The Black and Gold have allowed one goal or less in all but one game this season, including each of the last four.
- Junior Amanda Spitaleri (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) scored her third goal of the season vs. SFU, tying her for the team lead.
- Spitaleri and senior Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) are tied for the team lead with eight points.
- Manna's 28 career points are the second-most in DI program history.
- Senior Alison Guilmette (Coventry, R.I.) registered her third assist of the season against RMU and now has nine in her career, tying her for the most in DI program history.
- Junior Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) earned back-to-back shutouts last week to pick up NEC Defensive Player of the Week honors.
- Dalton also became the first goalie in DI program history to record 20 or more wins in a career.
A bit about the Mountaineers
- Mount St. Mary's enters the weekend at 1-9 overall and 0-3 in NEC play.
- The Mountaineers have scored just three goals in 10 games this season.
- Jasmine McCree has a goal and an assist on the year.
- Maggie Barron and Charlotte Elrod have split time in between the pipes this year.