SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Senior Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) scored in the 15th minute and the Bryant University women's soccer team dug its heels in after that, earning a 1-0 victory over Wagner on Sunday afternoon at the Bulldog Soccer Field.
Manna's team-leading fourth goal of the year came off a perfect cross from classmate Alex Spangler (Acton, Mass.) and helped the Black and Gold extend their unbeaten streak to eight matches (5-0-3).
Bryant 1, Wagner 0
Records: Bryant (6-3-3, 4-0-2 NEC), Wagner (4-9-1, 2-3-1)
Coach Biggs' Comment
"Our team turned in another really good effort today. We defended really well throughout the game and scored an excellent goal. It was a great cross from Alex and a great run and header from Remi at the near post."
- Manna's goal in the 15th minute was the deciding factor on Sunday.
- 15th minute – Bryant 1, Wagner 0 – Spangler pushed the ball up the near wing and sent a right-footed cross to the near post the Manna was able to redirect into the back of the net.
- Bryant is now 8-4 all-time against Wagner.
- The Bulldogs are unbeaten in their last eight games (5-0-3) and one of only two remaining unbeaten teams in league play.
- The eight-game unbeaten streak is a DI program record.
- Manna scored her team-leading fourth goal of the year, matching her career high from 2017.
- Manna now has 30 career points (12g, 6a) and is just the second player in DI program history to reach that mark.
- Spangler's assist was her second of the season and the third of her career.
- Junior Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) needed to make just three saves to earn the shutout. She now has 21 career wins.
The Bulldogs travel to the tri-state area this weekend for matches against St. Francis Brooklyn (Friday) and Fairleigh Dickinson (Sunday).