NEW BRITAIN, Conn. – Second-seeded Fairleigh Dickinson scored late in the first half and added an insurance goal in the second half to defeat the third-seeded Bryant University women's soccer team in the semifinals of the 2019 Northeast Conference Women's Soccer Championships on Friday afternoon.
With the loss, the Bulldogs see their season come to a close. Bryant finishes the year with a 9-4-4 overall record. It also snapped Bryant's 12-game unbeaten streak.
Fairleigh Dickinson 2, Bryant 0
Records: Bryant (9-4-4), FDU (9-5-6)
- The FDU goalkeeper made a huge save on a Bryant penalty kick in the 18th minute to keep the game scoreless.
- 36th minute – FDU 1, Bryant 0 – FDU was able to score late in the first half as Lea Egner finished off a string of passes with her fourth goal of the year. Egner got enough space to touch a shot past a charging keeper.
- 63rd minute – FDU 2, Bryant 0 – Paula Ruess was in the right place as she was able to convert on a corner kick. The ball caromed out to Ruess and she was able to slot it into the top right corner.
- Bryant is now 3-8-2 against the Knights.
- The Bulldogs are 0-3 in three NEC Tournament appearances.
- Corinne Rey (Norton, Mass.) and Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) both finished with two shots on goal.