SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Two divers were able to take home first-place finishes for the Bryant University women's swimming and diving team Friday night, but the team was not able to take one home as they fell to Bucknell 170-128 at the Chace Athletic Center Pool.
Coach Cameron's Comments
"I think we swam well. We just had a lot more ups than downs last week than this week. Last week everyone was on. This week some people weren't on, and when we're as small as we are, we need everybody's top performance to win."
- Bucknell was able to get going midway through the meet, as they swept two events in a five-race span to give the Bison an advantage. They took the top three spots in both the 200 fly and the 200 breast and were able to stay in control the rest of the way.
How the Swimmers Did
- Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) went a perfect 4-for-4 for the second consecutive week, taking home victories in the 200 medley relay, 400 free relay, 50 free and 100 free events.
- Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.) finished with two wins and two runner-up finishes on the night. She clocked in the fastest time in the 200 free and the 400 free relay.
- Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) was part of the two relay wins and also finished in second in the 100 and 200 back.
How the Divers Did
- Carissa Stemen (Naples, Fla.) won her first event of the season, tallying a score of 240.89 in the 1-meter dive.
- Kelci Abernethy (Chandler, Ariz.) finished in the top two twice on the night, taking home a second-place finish in the 1-meter while winning the 3-meter.
- Stephanie Jennings (Elmont, N.Y.) finished second to Abernethy in the 3-meter.
Stats and Notables
- Rice is now a perfect 8-for-8 to begin the 2017 campaign.
- Abernethy has won the 3-meter dive in both outings this season.
- The Bulldogs took home both relays for the second consecutive meet.
Bryant welcomes in-state rival Providence for a dual meet next Friday night at 5:00 p.m. at the Chace Athletic Center Pool.