SMITHFIELD, R.I. – After four meets at home to begin their season, the Bryant University women's swimming and diving team heads to Staten Island for a big meet with two NEC foes on Friday and Saturday.
Opponents: Wagner/Central Connecticut
First Race: 5:00 p.m. EDT Friday / 9 a.m. EDT Saturday
Location: Staten Island, N.Y.
Last Time Out
The Bulldogs rolled against Iona in their final home meet of the semester, losing just one race while sweeping three in the victory. Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) won three of her events, while Mackenzie Kirk (San Jose, Calif.) won both of her distance events.
Last Meet with Wagner and Central Connecticut
- In last year's tri-meet, the Bulldogs walked away from New Britain, Conn. without a victory. Sophomore Kelci Abernethy (Chandler, Ariz.) took home a victory in the 3-meter dive while finishing second in the 1-meter.
A bit about the Seahawks
- Wagner enters the meet 4-1, defeating all three opponents at the Iona Quad Meet two weeks ago and taking down Saint Francis last week.
- Kirsty Hessing and Wyeth Spike each won two events against the Red Flash.
- Coleen Higgins swam a 2:26.77 to win the 200 breast, while Andrea Gustafsson won the 100 fly in 59.85.
A bit about the Blue Devils
- Central Connecticut is coming off a 206-144 loss to New Hampshire in its latest meet in New Britain.
- Junior Aidan Devers won the 200 back in a time of 2:05.10, while Valentina Gomez won the 100 fly in 57.73.
- On the diving boards, Kirsten Bednarz finished with a score of 199.60 in the 3-meter event, good for third.