SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team heads up to Vermont to meet the Catamounts, looking to continue their impressive season in their seventh meet of the year.
First Race: 11:00 a.m. EST
Location: Burlington, Vt.
Last Time Out
- Bryant was able to earn important points from their divers, who took two of the top three spots in both diving events. The rest of the team did their part in the meet against Central Connecticut after strong races from the entire 200 medley relay team and freshman Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.).
Last Meet with Vermont
- The Bulldogs hosted the Catamounts last season where Bryant fell 164.5-93.5. Senior Mackenzie Kirk (San Jose, Calif.) had an impressive win in the 1000 free event, while Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) finished second in the 100 free event. Bryant is looking to beat Vermont for the first time in program history after narrowly missing out in years past.
A bit about the Catamounts
- The Catamounts are 3-2 on the season, winning their last meet against Maine.
- The 200 medley relay team took down the Bears in the first event of last week's meet.
- Kelly Lennon and Kristina Posnick each had impressive times in the 1000 yard free event, finishing first and second.