SMITHFIELD, R.I. -- The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team were not able to recover from a slow start in Burlington, falling to Vermont 172-118 on Sunday afternoon.
Coach Cameron's Comments
"Vermont has a very good program and they swam very well today. It was not our best showing of the fall, but we had some great swims. We also had some not-so-great swims and that is just how it goes. We will learn from this experience and move on to the Harold Anderson Invite next weekend."
- The Catamounts jumped out fast in Sunday's meet, taking two of the top three spots, including going 1-2 in the meet-opening 200 medley relay.
How the Swimmers Did
- Sophomore Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) won her last three races, including the 100 back (58.83), 200 back (2:06.54) and swam a 53.03 final leg of the 400 free relay.
- Senior Mackenzie Kirk (San Jose, Calif) took home two wins on the night, finishing victorious in the 1000 free (10:37.07) and the 400 IM (4:47.34). She added a second-place finish in the 400 free relay, swimming the second leg in 58.41.
- Freshman Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.) finished the meet with two second-place finishes, with one in the 100 fly (59.95) and another in the 400 IM (4:55.48).
- Junior Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) finished in the Top 3 in all four of her races, including second in the 500 free (5:16.19) and swam the first leg for her 400 free relay-winning team in 54.52.
How the Divers Did
- Junior Stephanie Jennings (Elmont, N.Y.) finished second in the 3-meter event with a score of 212.69 and third in the 1-meter with a 216.59 final score.
- Freshman Elizabeth Cahill (Ashland, Mass.) finished third in the 3-meter diving portion with a 211.50 final score.
Stats and Notes
- Kirk's 1000 free time of 10:37.07 was the fastest of the season for her.
- Scifo won the 100 back for the first time since the Bulldogs swam against Providence on October 20.
- Kirk has now won her last three swims in the 1000 free.
- The Dawgs head to Kingston, R.I. to compete in the Harold Anderson Invitational next weekend, swimming against Assumption, Holy Cross, Maine, Providence and Rhode Island.