SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Jumping up two spots from last season, the Bryant University women's swimming and diving team finished in second at the Harold Anderson Invitational over the weekend, hosted by Rhode Island.
Coach Cameron's Comment
"This was a very good performance this weekend. We looked very strong in a lot of events. The women made a great improvement from last year. Our hard work and teamwork definitely paid off in this invite."
- Bryant recorded four straight Top 3 finishes to solidify their second-place finish starting with Rice's win in the 200 free and ending with Kirk's swim in the mile.
Day 1 Highlights
- The Bulldogs had three Top 2 finishes on the first day, with two relays finishing second and junior Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) won the 50 free.
- Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain), Kayleigh Canavan (Cumberland, R.I.), Elin Svard (Falun, Dalarna, Sweden) and Rice swam the 400 medley relay, with Canavan and Rice joining Lindsey Choate (Upper St. Clair, Pa.) and Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.).
Day 2 Highlights
- Rice won two more events on Saturday, winning the 200 free (1:53.66) and 100 free (52.88).
- Mackenzie Kirk (San Jose, Calif.) finished third in the 1650 free (17:48.48).
- Scifo took home a second-place finish in the 100 back (58.22).
- Stephanie Jennings (Elmont, N.Y.) was able to improve from her 1-meter performance, finishing third in the 3-meter.
Stats and Notables
- Rice won three events, improving her total to a team-high 12 on the season. Her time in the 200 free is the best this season for a Bulldog.
- Scifo recorded two Top 3 finishes.
- Valeria Watson (Mexico City, Mexico) recorded a season-best time in the 500 free (5:13.40).
After taking a weekend off, the Bulldogs head to the Gompei Invitational at WPI for a three-day invite December 1-3 in Worcester, Mass.