SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team will finish their 2017 slate at the Gompei Invitational, held this weekend at WPI.
Opponent: Assumption, Babson, Bentley, Brandeis, Clark, Merrimack, Roger Williams, Rowan, Stevens IT, Saint Rose, Southern Connecticut State
Prelims Starts: 10:45 a.m. Friday / 10:00 a.m. Saturday / 9:30 a.m. Sunday
Finals Starts: 7:00 p.m. Friday / 5:30 p.m. Saturday / 5:00 p.m. Sunday
Location: Worcester, Mass.
Video: WPI Athletics Live Video
Live Results: HY-TEK Real Time Results
Last Time Out
Last Time at the Gompei Invite
- The Bulldogs took home first-place finishes in five different events on the final day, en route to a first-place finish at the invitational last season. Both Rice and Scifo won their respective races.
A bit about the competition
- The Hounds defeated Sacred Heart on November 11, extending their home win streak to 19. This streak dates back to November 2011.
- Sophomore Colleen Kurtz had a great week at the URI Invitational and posted top NE10 conference times in multiple events: 500 freestyle (5:05.38), 200 free (1:55.82) and 200 butterfly (2:11.73).
- The Falcons are 4-1 on the season heading into the WPI Invitational, with their only loss coming in their season opener on Sat, Oct. 21 at Wheaton.
- Junior Kate Kaduboski won three individual events, extending her personal winning streak to 10 races. Those events were the 200 freestyle, 200 backstroke, and 200 IM.
- The Judges are 2-5 on the season heading into the Invitational. Both of their wins came at a tri-meet at WPI on November 3, where they lost to WPI and won against Babson and Smith.
- Kylie Herman, Annie Huang, and Audrey Kim all won silver medals in a losing effort against Bentley.
- Clark is now 2-0 on the season, with both of their wins coming in the month of November and at home.
- In their meet against Babson, Freshman Ali Falder led the Cougars to a first place in the 1000 freestyle (11:37.39) and a first place in the 500 freestyle (5:47.10).
- Babson is now 1-6 on the season heading into the WPI Invitational.
- The Warriors are 1-2 this season in dual meets and have not recorded a win since their season opener against Franklin Pierce University on September 30.
- Junior Caroline Ells finished first in the 100 freestyle (56.68) in the Warriors' most recent meet with Bentley University.
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- The Ducks are 1-1 on the season and are coming off a loss to New York University on November 3-4th.
- The Ducks opened their match with NYU with a second place finish in the 200 freestyle relay with a time of 1:41.87. The team consisted of freshman Isabelle Rivera, sophomore Isabella Fairman, senior Tori Glascock and junior Courtney Jones.
- Saint Rose
- The Golden Knights are 2-4 on the season and are currently riding a three-meet losing streak in the month of November.
- In their most recent meet with Le Moyne, senior Jessica McMillen led the Golden Knights with second place finishes in both the 50 freestyle (26:48) and 100 backstroke (1:01.86).
- The Profs are 4-2 on the season and are currently on a four-meet winning streak that dates back to October 28. They were undefeated in the month of November.
- Junior Miranda Coughlan led the Profs to victory in their last match against Ramapo College with first place finishes in the 50, 100 and 200 freestyle races.
- Roger Williams
- Roger Williams is coming off a loss to Wheaton, but still boasts a 2-1 record for the fall.
- The Hawks will look to Mackenzie Webber, who finished first in the 50 freestyle against Wheaton. Teammate Gabrielle Pielka also won her 500 freestyle event in the meet.
- Southern Connecticut State
- The Owls are trying to pick up where they left off last week, beating WPI 159-140.
- Senior Katherine Crochet leads Southern Connecticut State into the weekend with NE10 Swimmer of the Week honors.