SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team won their fourth consecutive dual meet on Saturday, winning their Senior Meet 183-105 over Holy Cross.
Bryant won their first five events of the meet, including finishing 1-2 in the latter four of those events.
How the Swimmers Fared
- Sophomore Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) won all three of her competitive races, swimming the opening leg of the 200 medley relay and 200 free relay and 200 free (1:56.48).
- Junior Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) won both of her individual events, finishing first in the 50 free (24.59) and 100 free (53.05).
- Senior Nicole Salzano (Elmwood Park, N.J.) also took home first in the 100 back (59.60) and 200 back (2:07.61).
- Freshman Elin Svärd (Falun, Dalarna, Sweden) finished first in the 100 fly (59.07) and second in the 100 breast (1:08.06) and 200 free (1:57.34).
- Senior Mackenzie Kirk (San Diego, Calif.) won the 1000 free (10:40.44).
- Sophomore Eliza Brant (Hauppauge, N.Y.) won the 100 breast (1:07.47) in a season-best effort.
- Freshman Heather Wong (Ramsey, N.J.) took home first in the 200 breast (2:26.29), setting a new personal best in the process.
- Sophomore Alyssa DiFiore (Upper St. Clair, Pa.) won the 500 free (5:16.54).
- Sophomore Kayleigh Canavan (Cumberland, R.I.) joined Scifo, Salzano and Rice on the winning 200 free relay team (1:40.35).
How the Divers Fared
- Junior Stephanie Jennings (Elmont, N.Y.) won the 1-meter (266.10) and qualified for NCAA Zones, while finishing second in the 3-meter (258.90).
- Junior Ann Burdick (Glenmont, N.Y.) flipped with Jennings, winning the 3-meter (264.30) and placing second in the 1-meter (259.57).
- Freshman Gabrielle Ritzer (Sutton, Mass.) finished third in the 1-meter (253.10).
- Junior Carissa Stemen (Naples, Fla.) placed third in the 3-meter (254.17).
Stats and Notables
- Jennings qualified for the NCAA Zone A meet, held March 5-7 at the Rutgers Aquatic Center in Piscataway, N.J.
- Svärd set personal-bests in the 200 free and 100 breast.
- Sophomore Domenica Alcala (Cancun, Mexico) swam a season-best in the 200 free (2:04.93).
- Salzano's time in the 200 back is a new season-best.
- Brant set a new season best in the 200 breast (2:27.86).
- This is the second consecutive season the Bryant women compiled a four-meet winning streak (they defeated Boston College, Providence, Maine and Iona to begin the 2016-17 season).
After two weeks away from competition, the Bulldogs will head to Long Island to compete in the 2018 Northeast Conference Championships, held February 21-24 at the Nassau County Aquatic Center.