SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team fell to UMass, 189-109, on Saturday afternoon in Amherst.
How the Swimmers Fared
- Senior Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) won the 200 free (1:54.89) and finished second in the 50 free (24.36) to highlight a solid day in the pool.
- Junior Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) won the 200 back (2:27.19) and finished second in the 100 back (58.91).
- Sophomore Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.) also picked up a victory, winning the 200 IM with a time of 2:09.64. She also finished second in the 100 fly (58.99).
- Bryant's other first-place finish came from sophomore Heather Wong (Ramsey, N.J.) in the 200 breast (2:27.19).
How the Divers Fared
- The Bulldogs finished 3-4-5 in both the 1-meter and the 3-meter dives.
- Kelci Abernethy (Chandler, Ariz.), Stephanie Jennings (Elmont, N.Y.) and Carissa Stemen (Naples, Fla.) went 3-4-5 in the 3-meter.
- In the 1-meter, Ann Burdick (Glenmont, N.Y.), Jennings and Abernethy finished 3-4-5.
Notes and Notables
- Elin Svärd (Falun, Dalarna, Sweden) posted a season-best time of 2:05.39 in the 200 free.
- Caitlin Dye (Natick, Mass.) recorded a season-best time of 25.88 in the 50 free.
The Bulldogs travel to Boston University on Wednesday for a 5:00 p.m. meet.