SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Senior Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) won a pair of events on Wednesday night but the Bryant University women's swimming and diving team fell to Boston University, 174.5-118.5.
Coach Cameron's Thoughts
"We actually swam very well! Score might not show it by we had great effort tonight. Several season best times which is hard to do in January - only a few days after returning from training trip. I am pleased with where we are and excited about where we are headed!"
How the Swimmers Fared
- Rice won both the 50 and 100 free against the Terriers. She posted a winning time of 24.30 in the 50 free and then won the 100 free with a time of 52.31.
- Junior Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) also had a strong meet, winning the 200 back (2:04.73) and finishing second in the 200 free (1:55.19).
- She also finished second in the 50 back with a time of 28.30.
- Sophomore Heather Wong (Ramsey, N.J.) finished second in the 50 breast (31.84) and junior Kayleigh Canavan (Cumberland, R.I.) finished second in the 200 breast (2:29.29).
How the Divers Fared
- The Bulldogs finished 2-3-4 in the 3-meter. Senior Kelci Abernethy (Chandler, Ariz.) took home second place with a score of 239.55.
- Abernethy was also Bryant's top scorer in the 1-meter, finishing third with a score of 211.80.
Notes and Notables
- Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.) swam a season-best time of 4:40.38 in the 400 IM.
- Alyssa DiFiore (Wethersfield, Conn.) swam a personal-best time of 2:16.93 in the 200 fly.
- Danielle Whitaker (Narragansett, R.I.) swam a season-best time of 2:36.90 in the 200 breast.
The Bulldogs travel to Rider University for a 11:00 a.m. meet on Saturday.