SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Junior Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) won a pair of events as the Bryant University women's swimming and diving team went toe-to-toe with Cornell on Friday, falling 131-111.
Coach Cameron's Thoughts
"We came up a bit short today. I liked the way we raced. We did a good job of getting out fast and fitting in the end. A couple of close races ended in our favor proving we can fight to the end. I am looking forward to another great day of racing at home tomorrow."
How the Swimmers Fared
- Scifo won both the 200 free (1:55.63) and the 100 back (59.01) for the Black and Gold.
- In the 200 free, Scifo and Alyssa DiFiore (Wethersfield, Conn.) finished 1-2.
- Bryant also received first-place finishes from Elin Svard (Falun, Dalarna, Sweden) and Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.). Svard won the 100 fly (58.41), while Rice took home the 100 free (52.48).
- The Bulldogs swept the 100 breast on Friday as Kayleigh Canavan (Cumberland, R.I.), Eliza Brant (Hauppauge, N.Y.) and Heather Wong (Ramsey, N.J.) went 1-2-3.
- Canavan also added a second-place finish in the 50 free.
How the Divers Fared
- Stephanie Jennings (Elmont, N.Y.) was Bryant's top finisher in the 1-meter, finishing third.
- Kelci Abernethy (Chandler, Ariz.) earned a second-place finish in the 3-meter event.
The Bulldogs host Marist on Saturday. Bryant will honor its senior class during the second break.