SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team picked up a 191-109 victory over Marist on Senior Day at the Chace Athletic Center Pool.
Coach Cameron's Thoughts
"Great meet for the Bulldogs today. I am proud of how we competed. The women dominated from the beginning. The men challenged Marist from start to finish. I am optimistic about the next time we see Marist which will be at the MAACs."
How the Swimmers Fared
- Bryant took home the top two spots eight times on the afternoon, including clean sweeps of two events.
- Jillian Rice (Trumbull, Conn.) and Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) went 1-2 in the 200 free, with Rice finishing in 1:54.28.
- In the 100 back, it was Caitlin Dye (Natick, Mass.) and Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.) finishing 1-2, with the winning time of 1:00.01.
- Heather Wong (Ramsey, N.J.) and Kayleigh Canavan (Cumberland, R.I.) went 1-2 in the 100 breast, with Wong taking it at 1:07.12.
- Elin Svärd (Falun, Dalarna, Sweden) and Domenica Alcala (Cancun, Mexico) finished 1-2 in the 200 fly, with Svard winning it with a time of 2:14.45.
- Rice, Canavan and Lindsey Choate (Upper St. Clair, Pa.) then swept the top three spots in the 50 free.
- Rice teamed up with Rivera to take the top two spots in the 100 free with a winning time of 52.45.
- Svard, Alcala and Dye then swept the 100 fly and Rivera and Svard went 1-2 in the 200 IM.
- Bryant also received first-place finishes from Scifo in the 200 back and Wong in the 200 breast.
How the Divers Fared
- Stephanie Jennings (Elmont, N.Y.) finished second in the 1-meter dive with a score of 220.50.
- Ann Burdick (Glenmont, N.Y.) finished third in the 3-meter with a score of 251.55.
Notes and Notables
- Rice finished the meet with three victories and added a relay victory to that.
- Svard collected two first-place finishes and a second-place finish.
- Wong also picked up two victories on the day.
- Sara Gendron (North Smithfield, R.I.) swam a season-best time of 1:03.64 in the 100 back.
- Rivera and Choate both swam season bests in the 100 free.
The Bulldogs host Rhode Island on Wednesday night in their final meet before the Northeast Conference Championships.