SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team fell to Boston College, 194-106, in its first meet of the season on Friday night.
- Junior Heather Wong (Ramsey, N.J.) picked up a victory in the 100 breast, posting a winning time of 1:06.59.
- Classmate Alexa Rivera (Boynton Beach, Fla.) added a first-place finish in the 200 IM with a time of 2:08.60. She also finished second in the 100 free with a time of 52.61.
- Junior Gabrielle Ritzer (Sutton, Mass.) posted a first-place finish in the 3-meter dive, posting a score of 251.63.
- Freshman Erin Doruska (Ankeny, Iowa) claimed her first collegiate victory, winning the 200 free with a time of 1:54.84.
- Two other freshmen also had strong performances in their first collegiate meet as Reetta Kanervo (Oulu, Finland) finished second in the 50 free and Kyri Chambo (Highlands Ranch, Colo.) finished third in the 1-meter dive.
- Senior Alaina Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) and Alyssa DiFiore (Wethersfield, Conn.) both added a second-place finish on the night.
The Bulldogs continue their season-opening three-game home stretch next Friday night when they host Providence College.