SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team heads to Bradenton, Florida, for spring break and will play four matches in four days starting on Tuesday, March 13.
Bryant's trip, the busiest in DI program history, will feature matches against Army, Navy, Quinnipiac and Northern Iowa. All matches will be played at IMG Academy in Bradenton.
Opponents: Army (March 13), Navy (March 14), Quinnipiac (March 15), Northern Iowa (March 16)
Location: IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
- Bryant is 2-14 against the field, with its only two wins coming against Quinnipiac.
- Bryant and Northern Iowa have never faced each other.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs have dropped their last two matches, falling to Boston University and LIU Brooklyn.
- Bryant will have just four matches remaining once it returns from spring break.
- Senior Stefanie Arroyo (Gurabo, Puerto Rico) and freshmen Gabrielle Bergeron (Quebec, Canada) and Arianna Oropeza (Weston, Fla.) have been Bryant's three top players.
- Arroyo is 7-5 on the year and 5-3 in dual matches. She has played primarily at the No. 4 spot.
- Bergeron is 4-2 in dual matches, posting a 3-2 record at No. 6.
- Oropeza is 6-3 in dual matches and is 4-2 at No. 5.
- Army is 11-4 this season, posting an 11-1 record at home.
- Hannah Boubel leads the Black Knights with 24 victories on the year.
- Army has done well at No. 4 and No. 6 singles, going a combined 19-4 in dual matches.
- Navy has posted a 12-4 record this season and will bring an eight-game winning streak into spring break.
- Carlee Conway and Emily Louie-Meadors are both tied for the team lead with 15 victories.
- Louie-Meadors is 8-3 in dual matches, playing at both No. 1 (2-0) and No. 2 (6-3) singles.
- The Bobcats are 5-4 overall and 2-0 in the MAAC this season.
- Proyfon Lohaphaisan leads the team with 11 victories.
Scouting Northern Iowa
- UNI is 5-4 overall this season.
- Gisela Kemper leads the team with 10 victories. She is 4-3 at the No. 1 singles spot.