SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team fell to Navy, 6-1, on Wednesday morning in Bradenton, Florida.
Sophomore Aleksi Gottlieb (Plantation, Fla.) secured the lone point for the Black and Gold, winning at No. 5 singles.
Bryant 1, Navy 6
Records: Bryant (4-6), Navy (17-5)
Location: IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
How it happened (Doubles)
- Navy won at No. 1 and No. 2 to secure the doubles point. Redshirt freshman Megan Tan (Calgary, Alberta) and Gottlieb claimed a victory at No. 3 doubles, winning 7-6 (7-2).
How it happened (Singles)
- The Mids won five of the six singles matches, claiming four of the five in straight sets. Senior Stefanie Arroyo (Gurabo, Puerto Rico) fell in a third-set tiebreaker, 6-3, 3-6, 1-0 (11-9), at No. 2, before Gottlieb won in a three sets at No. 5, 1-6, 7-6 (7-4), 1-0 (10-8).
- Dervishian/Kahatapitiya (NAVY) def. Campfield/Arroyo (BRY), 6-1
- Cyr/Rico (NAVY) def. Sjoberg/Luiggi (BRY), 7-5
- Tan/Gottlieb (BRY) def. Conway/Deng (NAVY), 7-6 (7-2)
- Keller (NAVY) def. Campfield (BRY), 6-3, 7-5
- Louie-Meadors (NAVY) def. Arroyo (BRY), 6-3, 3-6, 1-0 (11-9)
- Wreder (NAVY) def. Bergeron (BRY), 6-0, 6-0
- Rogers (NAVY) def. Tan (BRY), 6-3, 6-4
- Gottlieb (BRY) def. Hodge (NAVY), 1-6, 7-6 (7-4), 1-0 (10-8)
- Bogdanovich (NAVY) def. Rokke (BRY), 6-2, 6-1
Bryant continues its spring break trip on Thursday when it faces Quinnipiac at IMG Academy. The match is scheduled to begin at 4:45.