SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team will have a busy Sunday as it travels to Boston College in the morning before welcoming Fairleigh Dickinson in the afternoon.
Bryant will face Boston College at 10:00 a.m. and then returns to Northeast Conference play against FDU at 4:30 p.m. The match with FDU will be played at Fore Court in Cumberland.
The Opponents: Boston College and Fairleigh Dickinson
Location: Chestnut Hill, Mass. | Fore Court (Cumberland, R.I.)
- Bryant is 0-2 all-time against Boston College. The Eagles posted a 6-1 victory last year.
- Bryant and Fairleigh Dickinson have split eight all-time meetings. The two teams have met in the NEC Tournament each of the last two years, with FDU earning a pair of 4-3 victories. The 2016 meeting came in the championship match.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant will be playing for the first time since its spring break trip. The Bulldogs went 1-3, defeating Northern Iowa in the final match.
- Freshman Arianna Oropeza (Weston, Fla.) was named the NEC Player and Rookie of the Week on Tuesday after going 3-0 on the spring break trip. She is now 9-3 in dual matches this season.
Scouting the Eagles
- The Eagles enter Sunday's match with an overall record of 8-6.
- Boston College defeated No. 48 Louisville in its last match.
Scouting the Knights
- FDU comes into Sunday's match with an 0-7 record in dual matches.
- Patricia Eftenoiu and Marta Ruszczynska lead the team with five wins each.