SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team opens its fall schedule this weekend when it travels to Hamden, Connecticut, for the Quinnipiac Invitational.
Event: Quinnipiac Invitational
Location: Hamden, Conn.
About the Quinnipiac Invitational
- The Quinnipiac Invitational will begin Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. It continues on Saturday and Sunday and starts at 9:00 a.m. on both days.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- This weekend will be the first of three invitational this fall for the Bulldogs.
- Bryant will also play home matches against Stonehill (Oct. 5) and UC Irvine (Oct. 19).
- The Black and Gold return seven players from last year's roster.
- Arianna Oropeza (Weston, Fla.) is back after earning Northeast Conference Rookie of the Year honors. She finished the year 15-4 in singles play, winning each of her last nine matches.
- Also back is the doubles team of Megan Tan (Calgary, Alberta) and Aleksi Gottlieb (Plantation, Fla.). The duo played together throughout the NEC Tournament and finished the year 7-6.
- Gabrielle Bergeron (Quebec, Canada) is also back after going 6-6 in singles play in her first year at Bryant.
- The Bulldogs return to the courts on Sept. 28 when they travel to West Point, New York, for the Army Invitational.