Sep 30, 2018
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team performed well Saturday during day two of the Army Invitational.
How it Happened
- Playing in the A singles flight, freshman Sarah Hickey (Toronto, Ont.) was defeated by Stony Brook's Wei in the second round, 6-3, 6-2.
- Freshman Yasemin Boru (Boca Raton, Fla.) lost in the consolation round of the A flight, 8-3 to Deeter from Colgate.
- Sophomore Arianna Oropeza (Weston, Fla.) was forced to retire in the second set of her match against Nowak from Lehigh.
- Junior Megan Tan (Calgary, Alberta) fell to the top seed in the C flight, 6-3, 6-4.
- Sophomore Caterina Luisa Rokke (Oslo, Norway) earned a bye in the first round of the E singles flight and then posted a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Cetina from St. Francis Brooklyn.
- Rokke then battled Weisberg from Fordham for three sets. Rokke won the first, 7-5, but Weisberg took the final two, 6-4, 10-5.
The Bulldogs wrap up play on Sunday at the Army Invitational.