SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team takes on the defending Northeast Conference champion LIU Brooklyn on Saturday night at Rally Point in Greenville.
Bryant will wrap up the weekend on Sunday against Hofstra at ForeCourt in Cumberland.
Bryant and LIU Brooklyn met in last year's NEC title match, with the Blackbirds earning a 4-1 victory. The Bulldogs' only NEC title came in 2015 when they defeated the top-seeded Blackbirds, 4-0.
A bit about the Bulldogs
- The Bulldogs are 1-2 in three matches so far this spring, last playing on Feb. 9.
- Bryant picked up a win over Brandeis, 5-2, but have dropped matches to Boston College and Fairfield.
- Megan Tan (Calgary, Alberta) has won each of her last two singles matches entering the weekend.
A bit about the Blackbirds and Pride
- The Blackbirds are 2-2 this season and 3-2 on the year. LIU's last match came against Hofstra, a 5-2 win for the Blackbirds.
- LIU is led by the two-time reigning NEC Player of the Year Anna Grigoryan.
- Hofstra is 3-3 on the year and Sunday's match will be the third of the weekend for the Pride.
- Alejandra Ruffini leads Hofstra with eight wins on the year.