SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Junior Kirstyn Sperry (Phoenix, Ariz.) and senior Ally Lunsford (Minneola, Fla.) posted double-digit kill totals as the Bryant University volleyball team swept Fairleigh Dickinson Friday night at the Chace Athletic Center.
Bryant 3, Fairleigh Dickinson 0 (25-18, 25-16, 25-18)
Records: Bryant (18-11, 8-3 NEC); Fairleigh Dickinson (5-21, 1-10 NEC)
Location: Chace Athletic Center (Smithfield, R.I.)
Coach Garlacy's Comments
"Our middles and right sides were pretty unstoppable tonight and [Kirstyn] Sperry ran a great tempo. The defense and passing was very consistent. Cassie Sulmeisters came in and passed several perfect balls. It was a well-balanced effort.
How it Happened
- Set 1 – Juniors Julia Flynn (Pembroke, Mass.) and Kirstyn Sperry (Phoenix, Ariz.) each had four kills in a set in which the Bulldogs hit .364 as a team. Bryant led by as many as eight points in the set before scoring four of the final five points of the frame.
- Set 2 – Sperry added five kills in the second, while Flynn chipped in four, as Bryant pulled away with the final five points of the set to take a 2-0 lead. Sperry and Flynn had two kills each during the closing run. Bryant hit .359 as a team in the set.
- Set 3 – Senior Ally Lunsford (Minneola, Fla.) tallied four of her 10 kills, while Sperry and junior Grace Richmeyer (DeSoto, Mo.) recorded three blocks each in a 25-18 third-set win.
- Junior Kirstyn Sperry (Phoenix, Ariz.) tallied 12 kills on a .500 hitting percentage with 22 assists, six digs and three blocks.
- Senior Ally Lunsford (Minneola, Fla.) recorded 10 kills on a .474 hitting percentage
- Junior Grace Richmeyer (DeSoto, Mo.) had six kills and three blocks.
- Freshman Alisi Motu'apuaka (Virginia Beach, Va.) added 15 assists.
- Freshman Erika Ward (Rochester, Mich.) recorded 12 digs, while junior Kristin Kingi (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) added 10.
- Bryant improves to 14-6 all-time against Fairleigh Dickinson.
Bryant hosts Sacred Heart Saturday at 5 p.m. for Senior Day at the Chace Athletic Center.