STONY BROOK, N.Y. – The Bryant University volleyball team plays its final non-conference weekend on Long Island with three matches at the Stony Brook Invitational.
Opponents: Delaware, Stony Brook, Colgate
Match Times (Friday): Delaware – 2:30 p.m.; Stony Brook – 6:30 p.m.
Match Time (Saturday): Colgate – 4 p.m.
Watch Live: AmericaEast.tv
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Series History vs. Delaware
Friday will be the Bulldogs' first meeting with the Blue Hens.
Series History vs. Stony Brook
The Bulldogs and Seawolves will meet for the fourth time in Division I and 10th overall. Stony Brook is 7-2 in the all-time series after Bryant's four-set win over Stony Brook last September at the Hampton Inn-vitational. Brianna Bruny (Biscayne Park, Fla.) hit .647 with 11 kills and no errors in the victory.
Series History vs. Colgate
Saturday marks the second meeting between the Bulldogs and Raiders. Bryant defeated Colgate in both teams' 2012 season opener in Hamilton.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant is 8-4 on the year and on a four-match winning streak after a five-set win at Providence Tuesday.
- Senior Kristin Kingi (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) tallied 14 kills and 13 digs in the win over the Friars, which was Bryant's first at Alumni Hall.
- Freshman Caroline Kennedy (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.) was named Hampton Inn-vitational MVP last weekend, while redshirt-senior Julia Flynn (Pembroke, Mass.) and sophomore Erika Ward (Rochester, Mich.) earned all-tournament honors.
- Flynn was selected as Molten/NEC Player of the Week, while Kennedy earned Molten/NEC Rookie of the Week honors.
- Ward tallied 5.10 digs per set in the weekend tournament, while Kennedy averaged 3.90 kills per set and Flynn added 3.80.
- Kennedy has tallied double-digit kills in 11 of 12 matches to begin her collegiate career.
- Bryant's .313 hitting percentage last weekend was its best in a three-match stretch since Aug. 31-Sept. 6, 2008.
- Head coach Theresa Garlacy won her 500th career match in Saturday's sweep of Coppin State. Garlacy picked up her 500th win on the 22nd anniversary of her first victory, Sept. 8, 1996, against Saint Michael's.
- With three wins last weekend, the Bulldogs improved to 40-5 (.889) at the Chace Athletic Center since the start of the 2015 season.
A Bit About Delaware
The Blue Hens are 5-4 after a 2-1 weekend at their second home tournament. Delaware is 1-0 against mutual opponents, as both teams have a win over Marist in 2018.
Maria Bellinger leads Delaware with 4.29 kills per set, while Courtney Roberts has averaged 10.69 assists per set. Andie Hanus has recorded a team-high 5.17 digs per set.
A Bit About Stony Brook
The Seawolves are 4-7 after a 1-2 weekend at Washington State. Friday night's match will be just the second at home for Stony Brook in 2018.
Emily Costello leads Stony Brook with 2.98 kills per set. LeAnne Sakowicz paces the Seawolves and ranks second in the America East with 9.88 assists per set and has been named conference Setter of the Week twice this year.
A Bit About Colgate
The Raiders are 3-6 after a 1-2 weekend at Maryland. Four of Colgate's first nine matches have been against Power 5 opponents, including a season-opening win over Rutgers Aug. 24.
Alli Lowe leads Colgate with 3.12 kills per set. Two Raiders – Jessica Lathan (1.05) and Jaelah Hutchison (1.03) – are averaging over one block per set.
Up Next: Brown
Bryant's final tune-up before NEC play will be Tuesday night at Brown. The 7 p.m. match in Providence can be seen on ESPN+.