SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University volleyball team dropped a four-set decision to St. Francis Brooklyn Saturday in the Bulldogs' regular season finale.
St. Francis Brooklyn 3, Bryant 1 (25-27, 25-13, 20-25, 22-25)
Records: Bryant (20-12, 10-4); St. Francis Brooklyn (10-18, 6-8)
Location: Chace Athletic Center (Smithfield, R.I.)
How it Happened
- Set 1 – Bryant led 21-18 before four straight St. Francis points gave the Terriers a one-point advantage. The Bulldogs would go ahead 25-24 before surrendering the final three points of the frame.
- Set 2 – Bryant had an 18-10 cushion before rattling off six straight points with two blocks and a kill from senior Grace Richmeyer (DeSoto, Mo.). Kennedy has seven kills in the set.
- Set 3 – St. Francis closed the set on a 10-3 run, coming up with three blocks during the stretch on the way to a 25-20 Terriers win.
- Set 4 – Bryant led 19-15 but gave up a 6-1 run that gave St. Francis a 21-20 advantage. Bryant would pull even at 21 before St. Francis tallied four of the set's final five points to close out a four-set victory.
- Kennedy tallied a team-high 16 kills, good for her 23rd performance of 10 or more this season. The freshman hit .500 (16-3-26) and didn't have an attacking error until the third set.
- Flynn recorded 14 kills, eight digs and two blocks.
- Senior Kristin Kingi (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) collected 18 digs to move within 28 of Bryant's Division I career record held by Debora Magalhaes. Kingi added six kills and three blocks.
- Richmeyer tallied seven kills and four blocks.
- Sophomore Erika Ward (Rochester, Mich.) recorded 14 digs, moving her within 29 of 1,000 for her collegiate career.
- The Bulldogs hit .196 for the match, while the Terriers hit .204.
- Bryant drops to 20-4 all-time against St. Francis Brooklyn and falls to the Terriers in Smithfield for the first time since 2013.
Bryant is the No. 2 seed in the Northeast Conference Championship and will face Central Connecticut Friday in Brooklyn.