SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's and women's cross country team is set to compete at the 16th Annual Ted Owens Invitational on Saturday hosted by Central Connecticut State University.
The race will be run in Stanley Quarter Park as the women will make three total loops and the men will make five.
Meet: Ted Owens Invitational
Course: Stanley Quarter Park (New Britain, Conn.)
Time: Women's 5K – 11 a.m. | Men's 8K – 11:45 a.m.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Last season at Ted Owens, the women finished 4th overall out of 11 teams and the men finished 7th out of nine teams.
- Noah Tellier (North Kingstown, R.I.) was the first Bryant finisher last season for the men as he finished the 8K run with a time of 28:21.6. Tellier finished 25th out of 85 runners.
- Jacklyn Sullivan (Plymouth, Mass.) was the top returning female finisher for Bryant last season as she placed 13th out of a competitive 93 runners. Sullivan finished the 5K with a time of 19.18.8.
- The Bulldogs competed last at home as they hosted the Nassaney Invitational. Both men and women finished in the nine spot with Sullivan leading the women and freshman Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.) leading the men.
- Sullivan was named NEC's Women Co-Athlete of the Week after her top-10 efforts at the Nassaney.