SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University cross country team opened its 2019 season this morning at the 19th Annual Nassaney Invitational.
COACH SWITZER'S COMMENTS
"Today went really well," said head coach Mitch Switzer. "For our freshmen to get a chance to have their first college cross country race at home and feed off the energy from the people on campus, family and friends, and alumni, was a very cool experience for them. One of the things that we talked about as a team, that we executed very well, was running together as a team. You could see throughout the whole race that people were within contact of each other. The team really felt that when it got tough, they were able to see a teammate and work with a teammate which really helped them push through to the end."
INDIVIDUAL RESULTS (W)
57. Jess Cook – 19:59.0
74. Julia Ayres – 20:24.8
76. Abby Hamilton – 20:27.3
80. Allison Corcoran – 20:39.1
85. Sarah Freeman – 20:48.1
93. Julia Herraiz – 21:03.3
94. Caroline Meizen – 21:04.2
95.. Jackie Prestinizi – 21:05.4
106. Breann Campise – 22:09.6
111. Jill Doherty – 22:14.3
113. Ellie Goyette – 22:18.3
121. Steph Malachowski – 23:09.4
INDIVIDUAL RESULTS (M)
21. Jason Dolan – 26:08.6
30. Jordan Dagrin – 26:17.7
31. Jonathan Iamarone – 26:17.7
63. Peter Theuerkauf – 27:15.7
68. Nicholas Brancato – 27:18.0
72. Benjamin Carlson – 27:22.0
84. William Bittrich – 27:54.1
85. Bodie Avery – 27:54.9
90. Alexander Duncan – 28:06.7
91. Harrison McKinlay – 28:07.9
108. Aidan Macsweeney – 28:44.2
112. Evan Coyne – 28:51.7
- Cook was the first Bulldog to cross the finish line for the women's squad in her collegiate debut. Cook finished just under the 20-minute mark with a time of 19:59.0.
- Julia Ayres (Collegeville, Pa.), Caroline Meizen (Douglas, Mass.), and Ellie Goyette (Lowell, Mass.) all improved their times from last season's Nassaney Invitational.
- Dolan was the first Bryant finisher on the men's side for the second year in a row. Dolan tacked on an extra eight seconds from his time a year ago, with a new time of 26:08.6.
- Junior captain Jordan Dagrin (North Kingstown, R.I.) improved by almost two minutes from 2018. This year Dagrin set a new personal best with a time of 26:17.7. Last season, Dagrin's time at the Nassaney Invitational was 28:51.3.
- Harrison McKinlay (Sutton, Mass.) shaved also shaved over two minutes off his time from 2018. Last year, McKinaly posted a time of 30:16.9, compared to this season's time of 28:07.9.
- William Bittrich (Duxbury, Mass.) and Benjamin Carlson (Middletown, Conn.) also improved their times by at least a minute from last season's time.
The Bulldogs are back in action on Saturday, Sept. 28 for the first of three meets hosted by Central Connecticut with the Ted Owen's Invitational.