SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's and women's cross country teams travel back to Central Connecticut for the third time this season to compete in the Northeast Conference Championship on Saturday, Nov. 2. The men kick off the meet at 11 a.m. followed by the women at 12 p.m.
Meet: Northeast Conference Championship
Course: Stanley Quarter Park (Central Connecticut | New Britain, Conn.)
Time: Men's 8K – 11 a.m. | Women's 5K – 12 p.m.
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Saturday marks the third race that the Bulldogs have competed in at Central Connecticut this season. The Black and Gold ran in the Ted Owens Invitational and the CCSU Mini Meet earlier this year to prepare for the NEC Championship meet.
- Last season at the NEC Championship, the women finished ninth overall while the men finished fifth as they placed two on the All-NEC list for finishing among the top-14 in Matt McGovern '19 and Noah Tellier (North Kingstown, R.I.).
- Sophomore Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.) is the returning leader on the men's team from a year ago. Dolan finished 32nd out of 78 runners with a championship time of 27:41.5.
- Junior captain, Jordan Dagrin (North Kingstown, R.I.) trailed closely behind Dolan with a time of 28:32.3 crossing the finish line in the 42nd spot.
- Sophomores Julia Ayres (Collegeville, Pa.) and Sarah Freeman (Merrimac, Mass.) earned NEC All-Rookie honors last season for their performances in the NEC Championship. The duo was among the first seven rookies to cross the finish line as Ayres led the team with a time of 20:42.6 finishing 48th out of 80 runners, while Freeman posted a time of 21:31.1 finishing 57th.
- Seniors Breann Campise (Tolland, Conn.) and Jacklyn Sullivan (Plymouth, Mass.) return for their final NEC Championship. Campise finished behind Ayres in the 49th spot with a time of 20:50.6, while Sullivan hasn't competed in a Championship race since her sophomore season. Sullivan finished among the top-15 in 2017 with a time of 18:40.3.